Health Checkup Packages in Chennai |
SIMS Hospital – Chennai
In the true spirit of saying ‘PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE’, we have designed a program to take a stock of your health. With early identification of health problems, SIMS Preventive Health Screening enables your doctor to do timely intervention, which significantly brings down the cost of treatment, and more importantly reassures you of your health status. We have special packages for all age groups with customization options available according to individual requirements. Additionally, specialty focused Health Screening is available on request. Contact our Preventive Health Screening Desk for assistance.
For Appointment and Information
The Basic Health Screening: A comprehensive package offering essential tests, consultations with specialists, and expert advice to assess overall health, detect early issues, and provide appropriate medical guidance.
Executive health screening is a comprehensive medical examination the main goal is to identify any potential health risks or concerns early on, so that they can be addressed before they become more serious
Comprehensive health screening is a thorough evaluation of an individual's overall health that includes physical examination, laboratory testing, imaging tests, and mental health assessment.
Diabetic health screening typically involves a series of tests to assess the health of an individual with diabetes or to diagnose diabetes in someone who has not yet been diagnosed.
SIMS Hospital offers the Young Diabetic Health Package—a comprehensive bundle of tests, consultations, and diagnostics to effectively manage diabetes and screen for potential complications in young individuals.
SIMS Hospital offers the Childhood Obesity Package 1 - comprehensive tests and personalized management strategies to address childhood obesity concerns and prioritize your child's health.
Count on SIMS Hospital to address childhood obesity concerns with the comprehensive Childhood Obesity Package 2 - tailored tests and expert management strategies to prioritize your child's health and well-being.
Trust SIMS Hospital for comprehensive obesity support with Obesity Package 2—tailored tests, expert consultations, and personalized plans by endocrinologists to address health concerns and achieve a healthier weight and well-being.
Preventive Health Screening Guidelines
- Health checks are done only through prior appointments. Our PHS desk personnel are always ready to help you at +91 87540 45275
- Please inform the PHS desk, if you have any history of diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, or any other conditions, during the appointment
- Pregnant women or those who suspect pregnancy are advised to inform the PHS desk in advance to avoid unnecessary radiation exposure e.g. X-Ray
- The PHS desk is functional from 7 AM, Monday to Sunday. Reporting to the PHS desk must be done before 10 AM.
- You are advised to observe minimum 8 – 12 hours of fasting and abstinence from alcohol. Hence it is recommended that you do not eat or drink anything after 8 PM in the night before tests.
- Medication on the fasting night can be taken as usual.
- You may take a sip of water (no tea/coffee / other liquids) in the morning of the Health Check with your anti-hypertensive or any other essential drugs except anti-diabetic medication, which should be taken before/after breakfast as per your regular schedule.
- Inhalers or Oral Bronchodilators for Asthma or Bronchitis should preferably be avoided on the day of the Check-Up for better Pulmonary Function Test results.
- For Eye Check-Up: Patients should be without contact lenses for at least 24 hrs.
- The Pap Smear Test for women cannot be done during Menstruation (Periods)
- Mammography is generally not recommended for women below the age of 40 years. Instead, Ultrasound Breast will be done on the advice of a suitable doctor.
- A treadmill Test (TMT) is done 2 hours after food intake.
- Ultrasonography test requires a full bladder for best results. Therefore, drink plenty of water and don’t urinate prior to the test. Inform the Ultrasonography reception counter when you feel the urgency to urinate.
- Please wear comfortable clothing. footwear and minimum jewelry on the day of the health check. You may have to change your clothes for certain diagnostics. Please wear sports shoes if you feel comfortable in them.
- Please bring your morning stool and urine samples along with you on the date of the Health Check. You can collect the container from the Health Check Department in advance as per your convenience or you may purchase sterilized containers for Stool & Urine at a Pharmacy near your home.
- If you are suffering from any disease and are under certain medications, you are advised to bring your Medical Records, Medications & Prescriptions.
- Please bring accessories like glasses or hearing aids, if you have any, when you arrive for the Health Screening.
- A well-balanced Complimentary Breakfast will be provided (7:30 am – 11:30 am) to all those who undertake Preventive Health Screening. However, you can also bring your own breakfast of your choice.
- Corporate sponsored clients are requested to bring their referral letter/credit note and employee ID.
- Completion of Basic Preventive Health Screening will take about 3 hours. Upgraded packages will take additional 2 – 3 hours for completion.
- We can provide additional tests like Blood Investigations / Procedures / Consultations subject to the availability of an appointment. These will be billed separately in addition to the package payment.
- In case we are unable to carry out any test or consultation because of unforeseen reason/s: the same test will be carried out on some other working day as per your convenience but within 10 days of the date of the Health check.
- Reports will be delivered on the next day with a review with the Consultants.
- Same day reports will be considered on special requests subject to testing and interpreting schedule and will not be guaranteed.