SIMS – Safe & Secure
As per the international norms, we have been extremely fortunate to have been able to totally segregate the “COVID CARE and the non COVID CARE” facilities, in 2 separate block at a distance to each other. This way realigning our operational work-flow, we have been able to keep our hospital facility free of COVID. Since the lockdown, we have safely carried-out about 700 surgeries without any post-operative complications due to COVID or any other infection. This of course has a mix of emergent and elective surgical procedures.For Your Safety :We would like to put forth the protocols that we follow at this time to enable smooth operations & significantly minimize the potential possibility of contacting the infection.
- Mandatory: Wearing mask, Thermal screening and Hand sanitization.
- Every patient and visitor counselled by a doctor for COVID symptoms before entering the hospital with a questionnaire.
- People with suspicious symptoms, fever or signs of COVID are examined at the designated “Fever Clinic in a separate section outside the OP area.
- Only one attendant is allowed per patient
- Strict physical distancing at all spots is followed inside the hospital premises.
- Frequent periodic sanitization of every area of the hospital is followed rigorously, and potential areas of infection are disinfected with UV lights every day.
- Realignment of the consultation suites & waiting areas to enable safe consult both to the doctors & the patients.
- Permission to enter the consult area only after the screening.
- It is advisable that the same attendant continues through the entire period of admission till discharge. To avoid him/her from getting exposed in the interim period it is advisable that they remain within the hospital premises as much as possible.
- Every patient is subjected to dual CORONA tests i.e. RT-PCR as well as CT scan to ascertain non-COVID status.
- The pre-op and post-op patients are placed on separate floors.
- The entire support staff, nurses, floor have high-grade protective gear and follow clear guidelines with regard to floor care, movements and other floor functions.
- Operating room functions have been adapted to conform to internationally laid guidelines.
- Keep yourself isolated from visitors at home.
- Maintain social distancing at home ( minimum of 1.5 metres)
- Practice “hand hygiene” and keep your hands and face and avoid touching the face as much as possible.
- Continue doing the preoperative exercises that are given to you
- Eat healthy food and drink enough fluids.
- Do not go out of home or participate in any gatherings
- If you are a diabetic or hypertensive , please follow the medications as usual and keep both blood sugar and blood pressure within acceptable limits
- Avoid any functions or gatherings even at home
- If you develop any mild symptoms during your waiting period for surgery, please inform us ASAP
- Report to the hospital the day before the planned surgery date as instructed
- Ensure that the attendant who is going to stay with you in the hospital follows all the above instructions.
Stay safe in the meanwhile.
For Appointment, call SIMS Helpline: 044- 2000 2001