Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Consultant | Psychiatry
5.00PM to 6.45PM
5.00PM to 6.45PM
Qualification / Education Profile
- MBBS from Chengalpattu Medical College,The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University Chennai.
- DPM (Diploma in Psychological medicine) Institute of Mental Health, affiliated to Madras Medical College, The Tamilnadu Dr MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- Assessment and Treatment of Major Depressive Disorders (Harvard Certified)
- General Psychiatric Management of Borderline Personality Disorder (Harvard Certified)
- How to taper patients Off of Chronic Opioid Therapy (Stanford Medicine)
- Identifying early signs of Psychosis in Adolescents and Young Adults (Stanford Medicine)
- Eating Disorders ( E learning Oxford University)
- Type 2 Diabetes Management ( Stanford Medicine)
- Neuromodulation/Neurostimulation (Stanford Medicine)
- Presentation and Management of Pediatric acute onset neuropsychiatric syndrome (Stanford Medicine).
- As a post graduate student I was actively involved in teaching under graduate students and interns posted in psychiatry department.
- Senior Resident in The Dept of Psychiatry in Safdarjung Hospital and VMMC, New Delhi
- Senior Resident and Senior Consultant ,Dept of Psychiatry, Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute,Porur, Chennai
- Special training in Forensic psychiatry-certifying patients
- Skillful in managing psychiatric emergencies like catatonic excitement, acute psychosis, violent and aggressive patients
- Experience in child psychiatry in managing ADHD, learning disability, school refusal, oppositional defiant disorder and mental retardation with behavioralproblems.
- Trained in behavior therapy for OCD, panic disorders and phobias
- Intensive exposure in field of neuropsychiatry - Dementia, organic mood disorders, post-concussional syndrome, epileptic psychosis
- Well experienced in managing alcohol, opioid, cannabis intoxication, withdrawal state, detoxification and de-addiction and substance induced psychotic disorder
- Specially trained in consultation-liason psychiatry
Book An Appointment With