Dr.Syed Afroze Hussain
MS, DNB, MCh, FEBS,
Fellow European Board of Surgical Oncology
HOD & Senior Consultant – Surgical Oncology
An experienced surgical Oncologist with about 20 years of clinical practice; and skilled in dealing with a wide range of Cancer surgeries, including surgeries of GI tract Cancers.
- Head and neck malignancies- surgical resection and reconstruction
- Breast tumours- both conservative and radical resections, sentinel node mapping, reverse axillary mapping
- Gastro-intestinal malignancies - endoscopic evaluation, laparoscopic diagnosis with resection. Open surgical procedures
- Gynaecological malignancies
- Musculoskeletal tumours - limb-sparing and amputations.
- Robotic Cancer Surgeries
- Approach to Carcinoma Cervix with Pelvic Kidney – Indian journal of surgical oncology, DOI 10.1007/s13193-011-0060-z , October- December 2010 1(4):323 – 327
- Functional and Oncological outcome after an innovative for a recurrent elbow sarcoma, Techniques in Shoulder and elbow surgery; June 2010,Vol11,issue2,pg47-50
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy using methylene blue alone in an era of significance of the depth of invasion in oral cancers: A prospective study : January 2022, Annals of Indian Academy of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck surgery 6(1): 12
- Case series of Ovarian metastasis in gastrointestinal malignancies: International journal of Scientific research 2018
- A study on feasibility of axillary reverse mapping with blue dye only in breast cancer patients: International surgery Journal
- The Correlation of response to induction chemotherapy with neutrophils lymphocytic ratio and platelet lymphocytic ratio in oral cavity malignancy; January 2020: IP Archives of cytology and histopathology research
- Unexpected encounters challenging modified radical hysterectomy: International Journal of clinical Obstetrics and gynaecology
- Factors increasing the risk of flap complications following pectoralis major myocutaneous flap reconstruction for head and neck cancers: May 2020, International Journal of otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery
- An eleven year analysis of periampullary and pancreatic carcinoma- Demographics, treatment analysis, pathology and early post operative outcome, SSO 2020,Annals of Surgical oncology. March 2020.
- Managing cancer during covid Pandemic – Experience of a tertiary cancer care centre: European journal of surgical oncology , sept 2020
- Morbidity and mortality in minimally invasive esophagectomy: Where do we stand: April 2020: International surgery journal.
- Surgical Management of bone sarcoma with an Inappropriate Biopsy Site: A case series and review of literature:Sept 2020 :Gulf journal of oncology
- Comparing the short term outcomes of minimally invasive esophagectomy to open esophagectomy- A single institutional retrospective study. World journal of Laparoscopic surgery.
- A prospective study to analyse the concordance in staging of carcinoma cervix between clinical examination, examination under anaesthesia and CECT. Indian journal of Obstetrics and gynaecology research
- Anaplastic carcinoma thyroid – A review of the management of this aggressive cancer, Gulf Journal of oncology, Issue 28, September 2018
- Review of Papillary carcinoma of Thyroid management in a Government Hospital – A Correlation with MACIS score – International Journal of Scientific Research, Volume 7, Issue 5, May 2018
- Axillary dissection for breast cancer using electrocautery versus ultrasonic dissectors: A prospective randomized study; Indian Journal of Cancer, 2017, Volume 54, Issue 3, Page 543 – 546
- Ilio inguinal block dissection and morbidities – International Journal of Scientific Research, May 2019
- Comparison of neoadjuvant chemotherapy followed by radical hysterectomy and neoadjuvant chemo radiation followed by radical hysterectomy with concurrent chemo radiation in locally advanced carcinoma cervix (FIGO Stages IB2,IIA2,IIB) interim results of a randomized control trial; Journal of South Asian Federation of Obstetrics and gynaecology, Jan – Feb 2019; 11(1); 35 – 43
- Various treatment Options of early carcinoma buccal mucosa involving the commissure: A tertiary care centre experience of six years: Nov 2020, International Journal of otorhinolaryngology and head and neck surgery 6(12): 2229.
- A retrospective comparison of the outcomes of laparoscopic and open radical hysterectomy for early and advanced cancer of the cervix, in post LACC era, 2020, Indian journal of Gynecologic oncology 18: 122
- Laterally extended endopelvic resections as a salvage procedure for locally advanced and recurrent cervical cancers: A single institution experience, June 2019, Indian journal of Gynecologic oncology.
- Unexpected encounters challenging modified radical hysterectomy, September 2019, International Journal of Clinical Obstetrics and gynaecology.
- The Correlation of prognostic factors and clinical outcomes in patients with osteosarcoma- an observational study, : June 2020 : IP Journal of diagnostic pathology and oncology
- Evaluation of Various Surgical Options in Post-irradiation Cancer Cervix with Central Residue or Recurrance: Jan 2022, Indian journal of surgical oncology.
Our Recent Videos
Our Recent Videos
Book An Appointment With