What is Coronavirus ?
Corona is actually a large group of viruses that are common in animals. Corona virus reaches animals from humans to humans. Its infection causes problems like fever, cold, shortness of breath, runny nose and sore throat.
Two human coronaviruses, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV, have been known to frequently cause severe illness.
1. MERS-CoV (coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome).
2. SARS-CoV (coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome).
Symptoms and Diagnosis:
Most people get infected with these viruses, Symptoms may include
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Difficulty breathing
Human Coronaviruses can sometimes cause lower-respiratory tract illnesses, such as pneumonia or bronchitis. This is more common in people with cardiopulmonary disease, people with weakened immune systems, infants, and older adults.
How does Coronavirus Spread ?
- The Coronavirus spread primarily through close contact with another human.
- Particularly by coughing or sneezing, taking care of a sick family member after blowing your nose.
- Rubbing with the virus on an object or surface, then rubbing your mouth, nose or eyes before washing your hands.
There are currently no vaccines available to protect you from infection with the human coronavirus. By doing the following, you could reduce your risk of infection
- Use soap and water to wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hand.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
How to protect others ?
If you have symptoms of colds, you can help protect others by doing the following
- Stay home while you’re sick
- Avoid close contact with others
- If you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth and nose with tissue, then throw tissue into the garbage and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces.
Is there a treatment for coronavirus?
There are no specific treatments for human coronavirus-caused diseases. Many people suffering from common human coronavirus disease should recover by themselves. You can however do some things to relieve the symptoms If you are mildly sick, you should
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Stay home and rest.
If your symptoms concern you, you should see your health care provider.