Pneumonia is a type of acute respiratory infection affecting the lungs, causing painful breathing and restricting the intake of oxygen.
Pneumonia is the world’s largest killer of children under the age of 5.
Symptoms of Pneumonia :
- Coughing up mucus (green, brown, or slightly bloody)
- muscle weakness
- loss of appetite
- shortness of breath
- rapid breathing
- chest pain
- chest retraction during (children under 5 years of age)
- Convulsions, unconsciousness, hypothermia, lethargy, feeding problems (infants)
- Good hygiene and health habits.
- Reducing air pollution indoors and outdoors.
- Receiving proper nutrition.
- Avoid Smoking.
- Breastfeeding is Important for first six months.