What is stress and why is it important ?
Everyone is under stress. Nevertheless, our health and relationships are impaired by too much stress. If stress becomes overwhelming, it can cause other problems of mental health, emotional exhaustion, and physical illness, and can affect work, relationships, families, and every aspect of life. Sometimes the cause is health problems. Yet external stressors like physical abuse, stressful work conditions, financial stress, or other family health problems can also impact our health.
Stress Management Tips:
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Accept that you can’t control events.
- Be assertive, rather than aggressive. Instead of becoming angry, defensive or aggressive,show your thoughts, views or beliefs.
- Study and practice relaxation techniques; for stress management, try meditation, yoga.
- Periodic workout. The body will be properly able to combat stress when it’s safe.
- Eat well-balanced, healthy meals.
- Learn how to better manage your time.
- Appropriately set limits and learn to say no to requests that cause undue stress in your life.Take time for recreation, hobbies and interests.
- Rest and rest enough. It takes time for your body to recover from stressful events.
- To reduce stress, do not rely on alcohol, narcotics or compulsive behaviors.
- Check for social support. Spend time with those you are enjoying.
- Get help from a therapist or other mental health professional skilled in stress management and biofeedback strategies to learn safe ways to cope with your life’s stress.